'Tis the Season...to look for great gift books for kids. Check out our short list of kid's books that make great holiday gifts!
Brand new as of December 1st: Plants Fight Back by Lisa Amstutz.
Botany for kids! Beautiful illustrations by Rebecca Evans in this nature book provide information on the clever adaptations that help plants survive.
How do you survive when danger is near and you are rooted in the ground? Plants use their defenses and fight back!
As readers turn the pages of this beautifully illustrated book, they will find fun and poetic language describing various situation where different plants find themselves under attack. This is followed by informative, science-based lessons about these plants and their survival methods. Back matter includes a glossary and a STEM challenge activity to use at home or in the classroom.
- Explore More for Kids: photos and information about the plants in this book.
- Explore More for Teachers & Parents: Literacy and Science connections!
- parents and teachers in search of homeschool supplies for kindergarten (or any grade!)
- anyone looking for children's books to help instill an appreciation of our planet!
- Also from Lisa: Finding a Dove for Gramps
- Ah-Choo! by Lana Wayne Koehler and Gloria G. Adams
- uses rhythm, rhyme and repetition to tell the story of a boy who
- searches for just the right pet that won't make his sister sneeze.
- Illustrated by Ken Min.
- Also from Gloria: Check out her series, Boost My Reading Skills, filled with beautiful photos, rhyming text, and ideas for parents for boosting pre-reading and reading skills in young children.
Don't miss award-winning book, Each Kindness
by Jacqueline Woodson and E.B. Lewis